Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Theodore Roosevelt National Park (North Unit)-Caprock Coulee Trail




The Caprock Coulee Trailhead sign is quite informative that shows you a map of where you're going, and how long it should take. Today they had posted an extreme heat advisory.




I never associated cactus with North Dakota.


I did not see Buffalo on this particular hike, but the evidence was left behind to let me know they were somewhere, and I just wasn't seeing them with my eyes.





 The Little Missouri River






The trail took you up through the rocks at times.



I'm standing on the trail, and the post with the brown sign of a hiker is assuring me I'm not lost. Incredible, breathtaking views all along the Caprock Coulee Trail made the 4.2 miles hike in 90+ heat worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment