Friday, August 28, 2015

Uwharrie National Forest- Densons Creek Nature Trail




Behind the Uwharrie Ranger Station is the trailhead of the Densons Creek Nature Trail. I came into Troy traveling South on Highway 134. At the intersection of 24/27,  I turned left going east for 2 miles. The Ranger Station is on the left side of the road.


Gypsy and Abbie, my hiking companions.






Densons Creek Nature Trail has a three-quarters of a mile loop within the 2.2 loop. Both loops are easy to follow by white marks periodically painted on trees.












Towards the backside of the circle, we reached Densons Creek. I admired the scenic view looking down from a high bank while resting on a rustic bench. 





A 10-minute walk off the main trail took me to this nonexisting bridge that once cross over the Densons Creek.  The trail continues for another 2-miles to a Nature Preserve on the other side of the creek.



My legs found this prickly leaf.


I walked through a Shortleaf pine stand. These pines are impressive trees, standing tall and straight.  


A large cluster of shelf mushrooms. 



For a short distance, we followed a small brook.


Dogwood, maple, oak, pine, and many other types of trees grow in this nature area.



My happy but exhausted 7-month old puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment